Choose from 5 Professional Energy-Saving Audit Solutions
Prices below reflect a typical home within 30 miles of Floyd county.
Based on the complexity of the home, and required travel time, these prices may be subject to change.
For commercial or industrial buildings please contact me for a quote.
Visual Walk Through
- As an experienced energy professional with a deep knowledge of construction standards and building sciences, my Walk-Through Visual Audit is an easy way to cut utility bills and make your home more energy efficient. This is especially useful when your new home is in a dry-in state (i.e., interior drywall isn’t up yet). At this point, issues with your air sealing or insulation can be spotted and fixed far easier than later once all the interior is finished.
- Using only my trained eye, a visual energy audit provides a quick assessment of where you can start saving energy right away. It cannot reveal many of the details that only diagnostic equipment can determine, nor will I use any computer modeling to assess your home, but it will give you a quick low-cost assessment that can help you start to achieve a more energy efficient home.
Building Tightness Air Leakage TestBlower Door Test
- Ever since the IECC 2012, the blower door has been the required method to test the air tightness of any new home. Some states have delayed this mandate but already many counties in this region are requiring it. Within a short time, a blower door test will be required for occupancy permits on all new construction.
- This price includes the blower door test and the official signed paperwork that will be accepted by any building inspector. If the home fails (ACH50 greater than 5.0) each return visit will be charge at $125.
- The Blower Door test is included for free with every Comprehensive Audit
Duct Tightness Air Leakage TestDuct Leakage Test
- Ever since the IECC 2012, the duct blaster has been the required method to test the air tightness of any new duct system. Virginia has delayed implementation of this requirement but it will be mandatory by July 2018.
- This price includes the duct tightness test for a single duct system and the official signed paperwork that will be accepted by any building inspector. If the home fails (greater than 4 CFM25 per 100 square foot of conditioned home) each return visit will be charge at $150.
- The Duct Blaster test is included FREE with any Comprehensive Audit (where required or requested)
- Using every professional tool at our disposal means the fullest possible picture of where energy savings can be made and often provides an early warning of issues before they become a problem. Diagnostic tools include the blower door and thermal imaging camera on all homes. Other tools are used as needed, such as the duct blaster, pressure pans, exhaust flow meter, and watts meter.
- A Comprehensive Audit will provide you with a complete report that will explain to you – with photos and clear instructions – everything that may pose a problem for your home’s energy efficiency, as well as the solution to each issue.
DIY Video PackageAvailable soon!
- Complete DIY know-how presented by Certified Energy Auditor Scott Katznelson. Learn techniques for discovering your home’s strengths and weaknesses. Gather that necessary data to make economical decisions about which renovations will most improve energy conservation and financial savings.